Joining Mountain View Masters
Thank you for your interest in our swim team, the Mountain View Masters. If you are interested in seeing what our team is like, just come to one of our practices. Show up a few minutes early, and introduce yourself to the coach on deck. The coach will get you started. The first time you come is free, so drop on in and try it out!
We are a swim team that is part of U.S. Masters Swimming. Anyone 18 years of age and older can swim with us. We try to balance fitness and fun for our swimmers. We offer coached practices, swim clinics, private coaching lessons, and social activities. Here is a video about U.S. Masters Swimming.
Our coaching staff is experienced in teaching beginners, improving experts, training swimmers for meet and open water competitions, and motivating everyone. We focus on fitness and technique to help all swimmers improve.
We swim seven mornings a week. We have a smaller pool available for open swim during our workouts. See our workout schedule for more information
How to Join
- If you aren’t already a registered member of USMS, print a copy of the USMS 30 day trial form, fill it out and bring it to the coach on deck. This allows you to try out a masters program for 30 days. After that you must join United States Masters Swimming (www.usms.org/reg) and pay the annual USMS fee.
- Your first visit with Mountain View Masters is free. After that you have three options:
- Do drop in swims for $10/swim
- Purchase a drop in card for $80/10 swims (does not expire)
- Swim regularly with us by paying MVM monthly dues (See our current rates and payment schedule) via Team Unify. Instructions to sign up with TeamUnify. Once registered, you can enter your payment information and select recurring credit card or ACH payments which allows dues to be billed on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. For questions regarding TeamUnify registration or MVM dues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team MVM communications
To keep you in the know on Team activities, events and announcements, and to facilitate communications between members. we have a few different communication methods:
MVM email list (join here) - All members should join the MVM email list, it is the official communication vehicle for the team. Through this email list you will receive regular weekly team announcements, periodic invites to team social events plus occasional alerts such as last minute schedule changes or emergency pool closures.
MVM Facebook Group - The Mountain View Masters Facebook Group is just a casual, unofficial group for those who are already on Facebook. It provides an additional means to communicate, network and share pictures from team events with your fellow swimmers. To join, log on to Facebook, search for “Mountain View Masters” to find us, then click Join Group.
Code of conduct
In an effort to keep our team the best Masters team we can be, the Board of MVM Swim and Social Club wants to ensure that our members and staff feel welcome, valued and respected. We have an MVM Swim and Social Club Code of Conduct to help define the expectations of our members and staff to help accomplish this goal.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
See you at the pool!
Mountain View Masters