Here are our recent announcements. Please take a moment to read these as we don't want you to miss out on our current happenings!
Would you like to receive these announcements in your email box? If you are not already receiving these announcements via email, then sign up for the MVM Email list.
- Eagle Park will be closed for maintenance from April 17-23. Workouts will be at Rengstorff during that period.
- On Wednesday , April 19 at 6pm please come to the Tied House in Mountain View to wish our USMS Nationals team a good meet.
- Save the date: the MVM Summer Picnic at Cuesta Park will be July 1, 2017.
- Help out! The board is proposing new apparel and communications committees. Communications committee members would help publish announcements more often and publish Riptide newsletters. Apparel committee members would work on getting more MVM logos on to your polished swimmer bodies. Email Eric or talk to a coach about joining a committee.
- Swimmers from Santa Clara Masters are visiting on Wednesday mornings. Distance Wednesdays are triathletes' and distance swimmers' favorite...not the best day for visitors. A common masters swimming spirit is to try to accommodate visitors. The coaches are rearranging lanes...and possibly rearranging workout theme days. We'll keep you posted about our visitors.Talk to the coaches about lane assignments. Get to Wednesday workouts on time!
- Coaching staff is seeking additional assistant coaches. If you have kids who swim, please mention this to their coaching staff. Age-group coaches often enjoy coaching adults!
Near-term Competition Opportunities
- May 20: Spring Lake, Redwood Coast, Spring Lake Santa Rosa. This event, which kicks off open water season, should be awesome with a full lake!
- June 3: Lake Berryessa, Steel Canyon Lake Berryessa, Napa CA
- June 10-11: MVM Focal Event!!! Del Valle Open Water Festival, Lake Del Valle, Livermore
- June 10: Senior Games - Wine Country, Santa Rosa
- July 14-16: MVM Focal Event!!! Pacific Masters Long Course Championships, Gunderson HS, San Jose
- July 29-30: Santa Cruz swims - 1-mile pier on 29; something longer on 30th.
- August 2-6: Long course Nationals, Minneapolis, MN
- August 5: DAM End of Summer Splash, Woodland, CA
- August 12: Donner Lake Swim, Truckee, CA (this is a really fun & challenging swim!!!)
Fun Stuff for the Whole Team
Saturday Morning Coffee at Dana Street: Join fellow swimmers after second workout at Dana Street Roasting Company.
USMS Go the Distance! Do you log your swim workouts? Wish you had a place to do it? Check out USMS's Go the Distance. It tracks your yards and higHehlights your accomplishments! Great way to turn up the heat with your lanemates! Sign up here: http://www.usms.org/fitness/content/gothedistance
Shop at SwimOut.com
Not on MVM's Facebook Page? Join here for great photos & updates.
Calendar of Events
List of all upcoming events in our area!